Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Wrong Side of the Bed

You know, some days you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed. You just feel kind of blah. Uninspired.

Thank God you don't have to stay there. One of our greatest blessings is the ability to choose our attitude. You just have to find what works to raise your vibration.

Some of the things that work for me include getting out into the sunshine for a few minutes, listening to fun or upbeat songs, listening to some of my affirmation programs, stimulating conversation, looking up funny sites and videos on the internet. I also like to find a park with a swing set and just let go. Oh, and bubbles. I start with a simple child's bubble blowing set and I blow really slowly through the wand to try and make my bubbles as big as possible. Then I just watch them float away. How can you be anxious while watching your bubble creations floating freely through the air?

No wonder kids are so resilient. They only know how to live in the moment.

Many of my most important life lessons I learned from my kids. But that's another post. I'm calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.