Thursday, January 08, 2009

2009 - My Year of Realization

I don't usually do New Years Resolutions. I mean, if you are aware of something that needs to change in your life, why wait for a New Year or even Monday?

However, this year, the time when I am prepared to take action just happens to coincide with the beginning of a new year. So, here I am, sharing my intentions for this now, not necessarily this year.

I started out with three items on my list and it morphed into six by the time I gave my mini-icebreaker for Toastmasters during our first meeting of the year.

And so, my intentions for now are:

1. Experplay at least three times a week. I choose not to exercise because it sounds like such a chore. I would rather spend time doing things I find enjoyable that also strengthen my body.

2. Drink more water. Building habits may be challenging, but I know it will be worth it. I am starting with 4 glasses a day and working up to 8.

3. I choose to practice enjoyment of the abundance of grace and love that is bestowed on me each day and to express appreciation for it all.

4. I choose to believe that I am capable of more than I have ever believed possible. It's the belief, the self-concept, that limits us or sets us free, according to our choice.

5. I choose to Be Someone.

"Be someone who listens, and you will be heard. Be someone who loves, and you will be loved. Be someone who gives, and you will be blessed. Be someone who comforts, and you will know peace.

Be someone who genuinely seeks to understand, and you will be wise. Be someone kind, someone considerate, and you will be admired. Be someone who values truth, and you will be respected. Be someone who takes action, and you will move life forward.

Be someone who lifts others higher, and your life will be rich. Be someone filled with gratitude, and there will be no end to the things for which you'll be thankful.

Be someone who lives with joy, with purpose, as your own light brightly shines. Be, in every moment, the special someone you are truly meant to be."

~ Ralph Marston

6. Finally, I choose to fall in love with life and everyone in my life experience over and over and over again, and give up concern over whether anyone understands that or not.

It is shaping up to be an awesome year already. I am getting excited about my life experience again. Life is turning me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.