Saturday, September 16, 2006

Security or Steve Irwin Daring?

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."- Helen Keller

Steve Irwin is an admirable human being in my book because he lived his dreams. He didn't limit his life by playing it safe, and as a result, he enriched the world with his wonderful gift.

I feel for his family's loss, and I believe we all feel we have lost a friend. The thing I am taking from this is that we don't know how much time we are going to have on this earth. We may do everything in our power to stay safe, but we can't hide from death. It will find us wherever we are. I suggest we stop hiding from life. Let's get out there and take whatever risks are necessary to make our lives the grandest version of the greatest vision of all life can be for us. Let us not die having never lived.

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
My sense of securitywas recently challenged by an event that occurred in the shop my sister and I operate in Old Town Spring. But I strongly feel that terrorists and perpetrators only have power when we give it up to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.