Monday, February 18, 2008

Just When You Thought It Was Safe...

That safety thing again.

I thought I was done playing it safe. And then I noticed a pattern that I have seen repeated relatively often in my life recently. A gentleman had showed some interest in me, and I found myself backing away after feeling that he was backing away.

So, I asked myself, "Why does this keep recurring?"

And myself answered, "You push people away and then blame their lack of interest for the lack of progression in the relationship."

Ouch! Busted! And by my own self, too. You'd think my self would go a little easy on me. After all, no one knows better than my self what I have been through and the reasons I do the things I do.

Speaking of reasons, I found myself asking myself, "What are the reasons I behave in this way?"

And damn if myself didn't reply that looking for reasons is just another way I keep myself from moving forward.

Good grief! Give me a break already! But nooooo, my self has to be all about the highest good and shit.

Alright. Fine, then! It's all me. There, I admitted it. Are you happy now?!?!

Okay, I'll admit it does feel good to step out of the darkness and into the light. At least, when you know it's all coming from inside, you know that in addition to owning responsibility for your own creation, you also own the power to create whatever you decide to create.

Yeah, baby! That's what I'M talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.