Saturday, May 31, 2008

Feeling the Magic

I'm feeling more myself now. I didn't say feeling myself more. I said feeling more myself. Get your mind out of the gutter! Sheesh!

Anyway, I've been helping my mother pull weeds from around her fifty-some-odd Rose of Sharon plants. There's nothing like getting down and dirty with mother earth to help get your bearings back.

So, I was working away this evening, and a snake slithered out of the grass I was trying to pull up. The thing that amazed me most is that I was not afraid! I just watched it, while trying to remember that poem I learned in childhood, "Red and yellow, kill a fellow; black and white...". Ok, you're cool. It helped that it was slithering away and not toward.

But I found myself fascinated, and afterward, I couldn't get the song, Sneaky Snake, out of my head. Only dyed-in-the-wool country music fans will know what the heck I'm talking about there.

I love being out in the country, snakes and all. Trees have immense healing power. Stars are magical. I suppose they are magical whether they are hidden by smog and city lights or not, but you can feel the magic when you can see them.

Yeah, baby! That's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.