Thursday, November 06, 2008

Call Me Pollyanna

I love the fact that our country has grown enough to elect a black president.

I am still not thrilled about some of Obama's ideas, though. I want to see everyone rise out of poverty and have what they need. I just don't want to see "redistribution of wealth" become a government mandate. I don't have a lot of money, so I am not coming from a greed standpoint, but from the standpoint of freedom.

The more we ask from the government, the more they take from us, and personally, I think they have taken enough already.

But I am holding out hope that the changes we need to make on our planet will be made from a spiritual base, instead of a legislative one.

Our world has come a long way in growing out of a lot of its harmful beliefs, and I know there is still a lot of room for improvement, but I believe in us. Hey, call me Pollyanna, but I believe.

"I am neither an optimist, nor a pessimist, but a possibilist." - Max Lerner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.