Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Leave Traces of Kindness

"We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace." - Peggy Tabor Millin

This is a principle I have used to guide my interactions with others for many years now. I love the powerful way in which it is expressed by Peggy in these beautifully woven words.

It is my intention to remain open to others because you never know when your smile, your touch or your kind word could be the catalyst that begins a cycle of growth or awakening in another human being. There is also the distinct possibility that your kindness could help someone over a rough spot and or even give them the strength to continue.

Many people hide their struggles from others, feeling that it is a weakness to struggle at all. It is safe to assume that whatever kindness you can practice toward others is greatly needed in our world.

I know I often find myself wrapped up in my thoughts and miss opportunities to positively affect my world. But I hold the intention to create ripples of kindness, and so each time I notice myself closing in, I consciously choose to open and take every opportunity I can to fill the world with love and positivity.

Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.