Saturday, June 30, 2007

If I Had It To Do Over...

If I had the opportunity to go back and change the "negative" things that have happened in my life...oh, I admit I would be sorely tempted...but in the end, I would leave everything exactly as it was - not because those events made me who I am today, but because they made me aware of who I am.

At our core, we are love. Through our varying purposes, personalities and preferences, we express different aspects of love in our world. My primary work seems to be edification, compassion, connection and touch. My belief is that the experiences of being misused and torn down made me aware of the need to build up and to support others. The experiences of being neglected and abandoned made me aware of the need to connect and express God's love at every opportunity. Oh, and isn't there plenty of opportunity?

We need one another. We need to remind one another of the powerful, loving, infinite beings that we are and to encourage and support one another as we awaken. We need to let the light that is in us shine so that others will feel empowered to shine also.

What are we here for if not to experience the fullness of the life we have been gifted with and to support others in doing the same? Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.