Monday, June 18, 2007

Tears are Liquid Passion

Yesterday, and again today, the tears came. Oh, don't feel sorry for me. It's a good thing. It means I'm back, in all my heart-on-my-sleeve, true-to-myself glory.

They were cleansing tears, a needful step in clearing out the old to make way for the new.

I always say tears are liquid passion, and when I am deeply in touch with myself and my world, I cry easily.

I cry tears of compassion for those who are hurting and don't know how to heal. I cry for those who do harm to others, because only a deeply injured soul would seek to injure others. I cry tears of joy for the many wonderful people we share the planet with - those who reach out and practice random acts of kindness and compassion, some even going so far as to risk their lives for a stranger. I cry over sunsets, and oceans, and beauty of all sorts.

Whenever my heart fills to overflowing, the overflow expresses itself as tears.

And so I say, Tears are liquid passion.

And though our society shames the shedding of tears, I am not ashamed. My passion is my truth, and expressing it is my authenticity. If anyone is uncomfortable with tears, I invite them to look inside and discover the reason.

Perhaps it is because they are uncomfortable with passion in general. Maybe they have lost touch with their own passion, perhaps they have been shamed out of expressing it.

Being fully alive means being in touch with every aspect of yourself. That's definitely a journey and not a destination, and it's a worthwhile journey. Why should parts of you be suppressed, not allowed life and expression, locked in a prison cell and slowly starved to death?

Every bit of you is worthwhile, and deserving of love, acceptance and compassion. Yes, even your shadowy aspects, and we all have them.

And so I say, be you. Be all of you. Be okay with all of you.

The amazing thing is, when you are deeply in touch with who you really are, you will find that you have no desire to do harm to others, because who you really are is love.

And do not be ashamed of what you feel, of what you desire, and definitely not of who you are.

Give life and love and voice to all of you, especially your passion. Just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.