Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Giving and Receiving Love

Lately, I have noticed a direct correlation between my mental focus and my family's emotional response. At one point recently, there were some tense moments related to some of the transitions that are occurring in my life.

I seem to be at an impasse in some ways, feeling the need for certain changes and yet unable or unwilling to move through the pain those changes might cause myself and others.

One day, I just decided to focus on love. If I need to make changes, I will make them when I am ready. But I can love now. There is no viable reason not to.

In the process of changing my focus to love, my life experience improved 100%, maybe more. Perhaps there really is nothing keeping us from our optimal life experience except our mental focus on "what's wrong".

And the good news is our mental focus is completely within our own power. We get to choose what we focus on. Therefore, we get to choose our experience of life.

We can watch the news and the things we see and hear there can lead us to believe that the world is a dangerous and frightening place. But in reality, the greatest part of what is happening in this world is positive and loving. Most people are contributing something to society, taking care of their families, and if not in touch with their loving selves, at least they are not harming others.

So, if we watch and focus on what is being reported on the news broadcasts, our experience of the world can be dark and scary. If we look inside our own hearts, and look around us at all the good that is occurring in the world, our experience of the world can be one of love, joy and light. It seems it really is as simple as a choice of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.