Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Is It Safe to Play It Safe?

Better resolve to win thy heart's desire,
and striving bravely die in the endeavor
than to have the embers of some smothered fire,
lie smoldering in thy saddened soul forever.

I love that! I don't know who wrote it, but I love it.

We think life will be secure if we just play it safe, but will it? There is nothing to guarantee that if we follow all the rules and avoid all risk, we won't lose our job, our lover, or anything else we think we possess.

When we look back on our lives, do we want to say, "I'm glad I did" or "I wish I had"?

Who wants embers? Bring on the flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.