Friday, June 06, 2008

Being a Pure Channel

Okay, I am very wordy tonight. But what can I say? I asked Spirit for assistance and guidance not to give in to the urgency I sometimes feel to replace the armor around my heart - to be okay with being vulnerable - and a wealth of encouragement flooded in. And I always think, if something is of benefit to me, maybe someone else out there could benefit from it, as well. So, here it is.

I realized this morning that if I don't give people a chance to hurt or disappoint me, then I don't give them a chance to love me, either. It's the same chance, given or withheld...just two sides of the same coin. And whether that chance is given or withheld determines the depth and the intimacy of the relationships we create.

We can't get close to someone just by reaching out and giving our love. It also requires relinquishing our urge to hide our hearts and souls behind the armor of "safety", which is only an illusion, anyway. I can tell you from experience that you can play it safe all you want, and hurt like hell just the same.

We can hand our love out the drive-up window, but if we want close connections, we have to open the door and invite others in for a sit-down meal.

All love comes from Source. The people in our lives are some of the channels through which Source flows that love to us. If we block the channels, we are cutting ourselves off from Source.

Now, some channels are more pure than others. The less conscious a person is, the more likely it is that any love flowing through them will be polluted by their psychic garbage. Sometimes, it is not even recognizable as love by the time it flows through them. Perhaps it's healthier to cut off certain channels until they clean up their psychic garbage dumps.

But we needn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Just because we have been on the receiving end of love through polluted channels, doesn't mean we need cut ourselves off from all channels.

One of the things that is beautiful to me about Reiki as I am learning it, is that we offer ourselves as clear channels for the healing energy to flow through us for the benefit of ourselves and those we serve. We do not attempt to heal others. We are instruments for the light to flow through and the results belong to the receiver.

I believe we would also benefit from offering ourselves as clear channels for love...looking into our own hearts and souls, and asking ourselves if the love we are giving is pure or polluted with our own psychic garbage. Maybe it's time for a serious clean-up effort so that we can be pure channels for the love Source wants to flow through us to a hungry, hurting world. And of course, we can always ask for help to purify that channel.

Just offering something to consider. If it resonates, great. If not, toss it. After all, what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.