Thursday, June 26, 2008

Everybody's Mother

I haven't missed my children being babies for a long time. I think the last time I had baby fever was seven or so years ago. Children grow up. It's what they do. It's natural. I didn't resist it. I enjoyed my children at every stage of their lives, even the annoying stages. :-)

But today, I went with my sister to my nephew's swim class. The minute I walked into the room, the maternal energy hit me like a ton of bricks. It brought tears to my eyes. I had to leave for a few moments to compose myself. So many babies, little ones and mommies. And suddenly, I'm craving a baby in my arms.

Now, I'm not about to go out and make a baby. That's a commitment not to be taken lightly. But I did realize I need an outlet for my overabundant maternal energy. Wherever I go, I take people into my arms and into my heart. But there's only so much mothering your friends can take from you, right?

I'm sure practicing massage will be a great way to utilize some of that energy, since it is such a nurturing act.

And I know that there are plenty of children in this world who could use some tender loving care. So, I'll just stay open and see what unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.