Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Duh" Moments

A friend and I were talking this morning, and he said that he has gone beyond "Aha!" moments to "Duh" moments. I completely relate because I see myself doing things I have done over and over and didn't like the results the first few hundred times. Hello!

It's crazy how often we know what to do in a given situation, and yet we flounder as if we were clueless. For instance, the simple action of asking for help. When I ask for divine help, it is always given. Why do I often wait until I feel desperate to ask?

Then, when I do ask, and I realize that help was there for the asking all along, I think, Why did I wait so long? Why did I put myself through all that?

It is so easy to get lost in illusion, especially in those moments when healing becomes uncomfortable. Sometimes, we are expressing the truth of light and love and sometimes, we are painfully human.

It's all part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave your comment, and as long as it's not spammy or troll-y, I'll be happy to approve it.